Data Science & Analytics
Synectics collects, cleanses, combines, stores, analyzes, displays, and reports on data to federal agencies. Our Data Intelligent Gathering System (DIGS) technology is cloud-based, and accepts federal data in diverse file formats including CSV, ASCII, SAS, SPSS, MS Access, and Excel; it can be configured to accept geographic data such as shapefiles. Our Visualization and Layering Information Display (VALID) technology involves a platform of geocoded, searchable data that is instantaneously displayed on a “toggle-able” interactive U.S. Google map and overlays. It is a custom-specific solution that has wide-ranging analytic capabilities for multiple agency missions involving research.
We managed over 60 million health data files for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), including admissions and discharges in the states, territories, and tribes chronicled in the Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS).
Synectics currently provides enterprise data warehousing and business intelligence (EDW/BI) support to the National Science Foundation (NSF). Using OBIEE, Tableau, and innovative dashboards, we help make complex information accessible to end-users. Our efforts help NSF make quantitative decisions over $7 billion in grantee expenses. Our academic and technical subject-matter experts perform the following services:
- Analysis and Design of Complex Data – Performing high-impact analysis to advance science and inform public policy.
- Data Modeling and Visualization – Developing appropriate statistical analyses and presentation methods to support research programs across laboratories and social sciences.
- Predictive and Prescriptive Analysis – Analyzing data to support decision making and develop courses of action.
- Advanced Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods – Developing and integrating new analytic techniques to deliver comprehensive study data.
- Geospatial Science, Technology, and Visualization – Developing geospatial databases and applications to support research in public health, social policy, and substance abuse.
- Cloud Computing – Maintaining full capacity to store data via AWS govCloud that is FISMA, NIST, DHS, OMB, and Section 508 compliant.
At Synectics, the difference is clear; it’s why we’ve been in business since 1969. Our growth since then is primarily attributed to one factor—client satisfaction. We are obsessed with collaboration, innovation, and a “no surprises” commitment to our clients. Synectics employees get it. An unyielding devotion to the highest quality services and a passion to make an impact for our clients is in the fabric of our culture.